What are you doing now to ensure that your 2018 grantmaking will be even more effective, interesting and rewarding than ever?
My new live streaming video series for 2018 will help you explore new ideas, enlighten your perspective on philanthropy, and provide you with concrete tools and strategies to get more impact from every charitable dollar. All you need is a laptop, tablet or smartphone, and you’ll receive some of my most popular and provocative advice, straight from me to you. Live streaming also provides you with the opportunity to interact with me and ask questions in real time.
Can’t watch live? No worries! Each live stream broadcast will be available for download for all subscribers, so you can watch or listen at your convenience.
The 2018 topic lineup includes:
- What is delusional altruism?
- 7 manifestations of delusional altruism
- If funders are so smart, why are we acting so dumb?
- How to transform your giving from the inside out
- The 6-week strategic planning process
- 5 philanthropic time-wasters
- 4 Techniques to speed things up (and gain time in your day!)
- When to go slow to go fast
The Innovative Funder
- Stop expecting grantees to be innovative without expecting yourself to innovate
- How to generate innovative ideas every week
- Vetting, testing and launching new innovations
- 8 ways to fund innovation
Strategic, Responsive or Both?
- Defining and explaining the pros and cons of responsive and strategic grantmaking
- Is strategic grantmaking a more “advanced” course of action?
- 4 ways foundations can combine strategic and responsive approaches
- 5 mistakes to avoid, and next steps you can take right now.
- Fear is sucking the joy and impact out of you
- 10 ways fear prevents funders from achieving dramatic impact
- The fearless funder – is it an oxymoron?
- How building confidence and esteem will make you a better funder
Embrace an Abundance Mindset
- Most funders suffer from a scarcity (poverty) mentality that hinders talent, stalls creativity, and hijacks opportunity for systemic change.
- An abundance approach to charitable giving allows philanthropists to give confidently for maximum impact and dramatic return.
- Examples of funders with scarcity and abundance approaches
- How abundant are you? Test your abundant quotient
The Live Stream Series will take place monthly between March and September 2018, with the exception of July, from 12:00 – 1:00 pm ET. Viewer questions are welcomed during the session and may also be submitted in advance. 2018 dates are:
March 6April 24May 17June 19Aug. 16Sep. 13
As a trusted global advisor to philanthropy, I’m excited to share what I’ve learned from nearly two-decades in the field.
If you’re ready to dramatically improve your philanthropic impact in 2018, join me for the live stream series! You will also receive downloads of all six live broadcasts to view or listen at your convenience.
Fee: The cost is $395 for the series for one person, or only $895 for the entire staff and board of your organization.