Why Focus on Philanthropy?
Discussing philanthropy with your clients is a vital part of your wealth management services. It allows you to position yourself or your firm as a go-to expert on charitable planning and philanthropic giving, while simultaneously deepening client relationships across multi-generational families. By discussing charitable giving with your clients and offering a wide range of philanthropic service offerings, you can:
• Expand your wealth management expertise and services
• Establish new client relationships and deepen existing ones
• Retain clients across generations, by engaging the next generation in family philanthropy
• Expand your business
• Maximize the impact of your clients’ giving
Kris Putnam-Walkerly Can Help
For over 20 years, top global philanthropies have requested Kris Putnam- Walkerly’s help to transform their giving and catapult their impact. Widely considered to be the most sought after philanthropic advisor. As a globally recognized philanthropy expert, advisor and award-winning author, she’s helped over 90 philanthropists and foundations strategically allocate and influence over half a billion dollars in grants and gifts.
As a consultant to Family Offices and Wealth Advisors, Kris can assist you in helping your clients achieve their philanthropic goals and dramatically increase their impact.
Kris Putnam-Walkerly can help you:
- Extend the reach and depth of your philanthropic services and client offerings
- Expand your company’s philanthropic expertise
- Advise and coach your team
- Respond to your clients’ philanthropic needs and requests as they arise
- Determine the best giving vehicles for each client
- Offer best practices for effective foundation management
- Speak at your private client events
- Provide content for your website and newsletters
- Serve as your trusted partner in philanthropy
Kris Putnam-Walkerly can help your clients through all stages of their philanthropic journey:
- Clarify their philanthropic mission, vision and goals
- Develop long-term strategies for impactful giving
- Serve as a trusted philanthropic advisor, coach and strategic sounding board
- Facilitate strategic planning and family retreats
- Research and recommend potential funding areas and best practices
- Develop signature initiatives
- Identify grantees and partners
- Engage the next generation of family members
- Define legacy and prepare for succession planning
- Navigate family dynamics
- Strengthen governance
- Streamline foundation operations
- Provide corporate social responsibility services for their businesses
- Offer a third-party, objective review of philanthropic practices
- Assess impact
There are myriad ways Kris is able to work with you and your clients in the pursuit of their philanthropy. Due to the sensitive nature of client relationships, this work can be done in whatever capacity best suits your needs, and the needs of each individual family or client – from advising you behind-the-scenes, to working as a white-label to your firm, to working directly with clients as a trusted partner. You set the tone for engagement with your clients, and their assets will always remain under your management.
Why Choose Kris?
A globally recognized thought leader in philanthropy, Kris was named one of America’s Top 25 Philanthropy Speakers for the past three years. She is the author of the award-winning book Confident Giving: Sage Advice for Funders; a regular Forbes.com contributor on philanthropy, and authored a chapter on “Transformational Giving: Philanthropy as an Investment in Change” in a new book on impact investing, The ImpactAssets Handbook for Investors. In 2017, Kris was inducted into the Million Dollar Consulting® Hall of Fame, one of only 75 consultants chosen worldwide. Kris is also a global content partner to Alliance Magazine, the premier magazine for global giving, and the US philanthropy expert to the leading Dutch philanthropy media outlet De Dikke Blauwe.
Utilizing Kris as a consultant for your family office or wealthy advisory business will allow you to give your clients custom-tailored advice that will substantially increase their philanthropic impact. If you are ready to take your business to the next level and help your clients transform their giving, contact Kris today at +1.800.598.2102 or firstname.lastname@example.org.