Learn to Look at Philanthropy Differently in 2018
What are you doing now to ensure that your 2018 grantmaking will be even more effective, interesting and rewarding than ever?
Our day-to-day work in philanthropy is complex, and it is human nature to simplify things into predictable and manageable processes. That’s how we evaluate incoming information, manage our grantmaking processes, and get valuable dollars out the door and into communities. But it’s also how we sometimes undermine our own potential.
In my upcoming six-part live webinar series, I will help you understand ways in which you can look at your philanthropy differently.
Funders often have the very best of intentions, but create needless hurdles to their own success through what are often unconscious decisions and actions. In addition, these actions can have serious unintended consequences for grantees. The good news is that once you know what these behaviors are, it’s relatively easy to change them and become both more productive and more effective.
In this new live stream series you’ll learn how to apply new lenses to your work to generate more impact, and how to recognize and change behaviors and actions that are undermining your good intentions and creating roadblocks for your grantees.
- Delusional Altruism (March 6) – How to recognize when you may be doing harm in the name of doing good.
- Speed (April 24) – How to quit wasting time and get to impact.
- The Innovative Funder (May 17) – How to generate, recognize, launch and fund innovation inside your own walls and out in the world.
- Strategic, Responsive or Both (June 19) – How to find the perfect balance.
- Overcoming Fear (August 16) – How to build confidence as a “fearless funder.”
- Embrace an Abundance Mindset (September 13) – How to recognize and capitalize on everyday opportunities.
Each live webinar broadcast will occur from 12:00pm to 1:00pm EST. Not able to tune in? No problem! As a subscriber, you’ll have unlimited access to recordings of the live sessions to watch at your convenience. Learn more about the content of each session and sign up by clicking on the link below.
With so much changing in the world around us, now is a good time to change how you think about your work in philanthropy today. Subscribe to the live webinar series now, and enjoy learning new ideas all year long!
© 2018 Kris Putnam-Walkerly. All rights reserved. Permission granted to excerpt or reprint with attribution.